Infrared Sauna

Infrared Sauna

What is the difference between an Infrared Sauna and a “regular” sauna?

When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees farenheit. In a Far Infrared Sauna only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. The warming effect on your body stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your body’s response to that is to sweat. When you first get into your sauna you will start to perspire right away because of the room temperature. After about 10-15 minutes you will start sweating profusely as your body responds to the far infrared heat. You will actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3% toxins where sweat from your far infrared sauna contains about 17% toxins. The detoxifying and deep penetrating heat from an Infrared Sauna makes them very, very effective.

Low Temperature Therapy

Infrared therapy is low temperature therapy. The scientific principles that are used to calculate infrared emissions from a surface or body say that lower temperatures produce higher quality far infrared heat. A far infrared heater having a surface temperature of 280 degrees will produce much higher quality far infrared heat than a heater running at 450 degrees or, as some heaters do, 700 degrees.

Warm your Infrared Sauna up for about 10-15 minutes then get in. Once in, turn the temperature all the way up. The temperature will climb to about 130-140 degrees during your 30-45 minute session. Because infrared therapy is low temperature therapy you will able to stay in longer, sweat more and detoxify more.

Is The Unit Temperature Important?

The answer to this question is Yes and No. In a far infrared sauna, the infrared heat warming your body is the most important aspect of your sauna. You can sit in your sauna with the door and roof vent open and you will still sweat and get the benefits of the healing and relaxing far infrared heat. That being said, everyone wants the cabin temperature in their sauna to be warm as it is more comfortable to sit in. So the combination of excellent quality far infrared heat and a sufficiently warm sauna cabin is the key to a quality far infrared sauna.

Benefits of Infrared Sauna:

  1. Improve Muscle and Joint Pain and Stiffness
  2. Improve Immune System
  3. Detoxify
  4. Increase Metabolism, lose weight, and reduce the appearance of cellulite
  5. Improve Skin Health
  6. Reduce Stress and Fatigue